2209 9th Street - $1,125,000
2211 9th Street - $1,099,000
These two houses on one lot are seperate condos that were designed to be a comfortable and flexible place to live. Built in 2007, it is more energy efficient, more temperature stable and safer than older homes. This house is also ‘greener’ than most.
|2209 9th Street - $1,125,000||2211 9th Street - $1,099,000|
Exceptional design: Built to meet or exceed current code.
- Wired to handle modern electrical loads with numerous outlets and lights
- Numerous protected circuits, GFIC and Arcfault detection
- Interconnected smoke alarm system sounds in all bedrooms if smoke is detected at any location.
- Modern gas appliances and gas flue have numerous safety features
- The house is engineered and built to meet 2007 seismic requirements.
- Hydronic heating system
- Security alarm system
- Complete fence enclosure with an intercom connected gate release.
- Copper water supply plumbing without lead and a water filter in the refrigerator
- Eco-friendly floors are bamboo, cork and tile
Comfort: This house is designed to be more comfortable.
- Each bedroom is additionally insulated in the walls and floors. The doors are solid core with weather striping to help reduce sound transmission from the other rooms
- Each bedroom and the common space is provided with the means to control its own environment:
- Hydronic baseboard heating with programmable thermostats to control the heat
- A three speed ceiling fan to assist with heating in the winter and cooling in the summer
- Dual glazed windows with low-E glass to help maintain stable temperatures day and night
- The windows provide generous high and cross ventilation in each room
- Generous storage
- Each shower has a Grohe temperature control valve that allows you to set and maintain the water temperature that that you want. It also has adjustable showerhead that can be used as a handheld.
- Each bathroom has good lighting and heating and a very quiet fan.
- The kitchen has modern appliances (dishwasher, gas stove, garbage disposal, refrigerator), generous storage in well functioning cabinets; good task lighting, easy to clean Corian counter tops and easy glide drawers and pantry. There is an icemaker & water filter in the refrigerator
- Energystar clothes washer and dryer are provided in the house
- Each bedroom is wired for cat5 phone and coax cable and is able to connect a computer network or cable hookup.
- There is a single garage space plus a driveway tandem parking space for each house.
- For guests, street parking also tends to be ample and easy.
Green features, help save your money and the planet!
- Solar electric and solar hot water: The electric charge per month is about $11 and the system produces about 75% of the electricity that you use. The gas cost averages about $45 per month and is helped by the solar hot water system, the extensive insulation and weather stripping, the double glazed low E windows and the high efficiency heating system.
- Recycled materials: redwood ceilings, framing lumber and other materials
- Manufactured joists, rafters and beams
- Bamboo and cork floors
- Trex decking
Fantastic Neighborhood: Ideal location for access to restaurants, shopping and commute.
- The wide tree lined street has traffic circles at the intersections and speed bumps to slow down the traffic. It also is a bike lane that ties into the city’s bike lane system.
- The house is located close to major transportation routes with out being too close.
- Major bus lines are 2 blocks walk. AC transits #51 runs every 10 minutes during the day and reaches downtown Berkeley and the UC campus in less than 10 minutes.
- Great shopping and dinning are located block away at Fourth Street and other nearby locations.
- Close to Berkeley Bowl West
The Lederer Team
Realtor® - Real Estate AdvisorsUnique Integrated Approach to Real EstateRed Oak RealtycalDRE# 01345197, 01325947, 01954708, 01975537, 02021776510.774.5234 mobilewww.katieandmark.com